Senior Network Engineer In Toronto
Tektonic Inc. is an MSP (Managed Service Provider) of IT services which include Cloud Hosting, Technology Support, Network Security and Compliance, and Design and Solution Consulting. Tektonic Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Senior Network Engineer.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for designing, installing and supporting the organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), network segment or Internet segment. The Senior Network Engineer is also responsible for maintaining network hardware and software, analyzing problems and monitoring the network to ensure availability to system users. Finally, the Senior Network Engineer will plan, coordinate and implement network security measures, including firewalls. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a highly dynamic environment, either individually or as part of a team.
- Work closely with our team and clients efficient and optimal working of corporate networks and collaborative systems
- Study, recommend and initiate solutions
- Monitor, troubleshoot, identify, and remedy areas of congestion, degraded quality, degraded speed, or compromised security
- Complete design, implementation, assessment, remediation, and deployment projects involving networking, security, backup/DR and other infrastructure solutions
- Work on open tickets, participate in impact analysis and make recommendations to continuously improve processes
- Be responsible for securing networks by establishing policies and standard methodologies
- Take ownership of projects and tickets ensuring proper planning, execution and follow ups
- Maintain expert level knowledge and certifications with industry leading vendors such as Microsoft and HPE
- Provide effective guidance to Junior staff and help identify gaps for formal training
- Provide Level 3 support to our Level 1 and 2 support teams
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in delivering networking, security and disaster recovery solutions
- Demonstrable ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities to troubleshoot and resolve complex networking and security challenges
- Degree in Computer Technology or similar degree or experience
- Certifications from Microsoft (MCSA, MCSE, etc.) and/or other industry leading manufacturers are required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Experience working in multi-location or multi-client environments is a great asset
- Ability to perform pre-scheduled work outside of business hours and provide on-call 7/24 support on a rotational basis
- Ontario G class driver’s license
- This position will require travel around Toronto’s GTA and surrounding areas, you must maintain reliable and dependable transportation, as well as car insurance, and be able to drive to client sites as necessary.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Tektonic Inc. is located in Vaughan, ON. We love what we do and we’re working hard to be the best! If you think you’re a good fit for this opportunity, we’d love to talk with you soon!
Tektonic Managed Services is an IT Support and Computer Services company serving Toronto GTA. We provide services in and around Toronto, including York Region, Durham Region and Peel Region. Businesses like yours need technology support to run highly-effective organizations. Leverage pro-growth technology services for your company now!