Key Business Functions Ripe For Managed IT Infrastructure Services
Whether you’re a seasoned IT pro or a business executive, managed IT services can make your job easier so you can focus on the things that matter most to your business. Managed IT benefits include the dedication, industry knowledge, and expertise of an entire IT department, who are focused on the delivery of your core business operations. They also allow you to stay focused on expanding your business since a managed services vendor can handle the time-consuming day-to-day tasks and complex IT projects.
What are managed IT infrastructure services?
Managed IT infrastructure services consist of a comprehensive, integrated suite of outsourced services that help to administer and manage an organization’s technology, information, and data proactively. They include a wide range of services that are majorly aimed at improving operations and cutting expenses. Their scope stretches from networking to desktops, data, storage, and cloud-based services – keeping in mind the staff who ensure that everything works as it should.
Having managed IT infrastructure services providers helps to establish boundaries for how your business infrastructure is administered. The enterprise IT team offering such services handles issues such as asset life cycle management, mobile devices, and device maintenance, as well as network and connectivity issues.
If your organization were a stage show, the managed IT infrastructure service providers act as your “behind the scenes” heroes. Major stage fright or even failure of the show could happen if the providers do not manage the technology that supports your business.
Key business functions handled by managed IT Infrastructure services
Managed IT infrastructure services are essential in a wide range of sectors within an office. This includes;
Office and data center
It is important that the office and data center are fully protected against critical software and hardware failures, as such could derail your business operations. Since mobile devices leave the offices daily, there is a higher risk of poor productivity and data loss. The good news is that this can be averted through a comprehensive and reliable backup service.
In technological terms, the server environment is a high-value asset. Even without taking its high cost of installation and maintenance into account, the data that it holds and business functions it facilitates daily are invaluable to any organization. Therefore, it needs to be protected at all costs and properly maintained to ensure minimal disruptions to your business operations. As a business grows, so should the server environment. Any company should strive to match their growth projections with the appropriate server architecture to allow them to stay ahead of the curve as well as utilize technology to propel their business.
Some managed services packages come inclusive of web application hosting, which is very essential at helping your organization work faster and more efficiently. With your software moved to the cloud using ultra-secure and fast servers, it is possible to maintain databases within the company’s website as well as deploy customer-focused applications. Moreover, your team will be able to collaborate and update each other in real time.
The absence of an accurate IT inventory is very risky for any business. The IT systems are responsible for keeping your business operations running smoothly and casually spot-checking their health is simply not good enough. This is why managed IT infrastructure service providers make network monitoring one of their main concerns.
Benefits of managed IT infrastructure services
Other than simplifying operational costs and improving reporting, managed IT infrastructure services can:
- Give your company access to more expertise and experience. You will onboard a team that the appropriate training, certifications, qualifications, and experience. You will also not have to hire top-notch IT administrators with certain essential skills, since the managed services provider can access them.
- Enhance data compliance and support. Numerous businesses, especially those operating in the healthcare industry or serving government agencies have to meet certain strict requirements and standards. Managed service providers are conversant with such compliance issues as such can ensure them.
- Ensure cybersecurity support. The managed services provider will ensure PCI compliance to help reduce risks associated with client data, credit card use, and leakage of other sensitive information.
- Give your company one point of access to vendors. It can be hectic to maintain a list of vendors for each IT-related equipment. Luckily, managed IT service providers handle the hardware and software vendors, so you will always get the best rates without having to mix yourself up in complicated technical conversations.
- Help to reduce risk. Every business investment comes with a significant level of risk. This can include the risks associated with financial conditions, government regulations, and changing environments. Managed IT infrastructure services help to mitigate the risks since you will get experts that are properly familiarized with the industry.
- Allow for a shorter time to market. Cloud computing, which comes as part of managed IT infrastructure services, brings with it high-speed computing. As a result, IT inefficiencies are eliminated and your company can have enhanced productivity and shorter time to market.
Regardless of whether you run a large or small business, managed IT infrastructure services are essential at helping you reduce operational costs and improve reporting, among other benefits. For each of the above-stated business functions, think about the potential impact on both your operations and bottom line.
The benefits of Managed IT could be the remaining key piece needed to take your business to the next level. By using managed IT, you will have consistent monthly costs, be able to scale rapidly, have immediate access to experts, and won’t need to spend a significant part of your budget setting up infrastructure. Consider how you could reinvest all the cash and time you save back into your business. However, you need to partner with a reliable managed IT infrastructure services provider to get such benefits.
Tektonic Managed Services has been providing expert IT services for years now. Our numerous years of experience give us a massive edge over other companies operating in this space. Our objective is to give our clients enterprise-level services as well as solutions to their immediate IT needs at well-thought prices. We have had enough time to develop a proactive philosophy that is based on practical workflow procedures and practices and designed to keep your focus on the business and not have to worry about the technology.
You can count on us for a fully managed IT department, strategic technology advisor, cloud technologies, business continuity, data security, and an around-the-clock help desk. Contact us today to tell us about your IT needs and get a quote.
Tektonic Managed Services is an IT Support and Computer Services company serving Toronto GTA. We provide services in and around Toronto, including York Region, Durham Region and Peel Region. Businesses like yours need technology support to run highly-effective organizations. Leverage pro-growth technology services for your company now!