The Benefits of Azure Virtual Desktop Technologies for Toronto Organizations
The concept of working from a location outside of a traditional office isn’t new. Whether from home, a shared office space, or a local coffee shop, many employees have long been able to complete their work requirements remotely. Still, many employers have typically considered remote work as suitable for only certain positions, preferring to require most employees to instead work from a traditional office.
The Covid-19 pandemic had a tremendous impact on the day-to-day operations of many businesses. For many companies faced with shutdowns or restrictions to help stop the spread of the virus, enabling employees to work remotely became a matter of survival.
Remote work and digital workspaces have enabled many businesses to remain open and employ people, creating a new attitude towards remote work. As businesses continue to reopen and resume business as usual, many companies and employees have embraced hybrid workplaces, changing how business is done.
What is a hybrid workplace?
A hybrid workplace is a business model that combines both office and remote work. A hybrid workplace may look and function differently depending on the industry, but it usually means that employees have the ability to work onsite or remotely. For example, some companies may require an employee to be at the office for meetings or a specified number of hours or days, while others leave it to the employee’s discretion.
The combination of office and remote work creates a flexible workplace model that supports a distributed workforce. It enables employees to work wherever they are most productive, whether at home or in the office.
Beyond the combination of in-office and remote workers, the most critical requirements of a hybrid workplace are flexibility and support. Unlike the remote work of the past, today’s hybrid workplace model is distinct in several ways.
With a few exceptions, in-office or remote workdays are not typically scheduled in advance but allow the employee to determine where they will be most effective in real-time. Additionally, the number of employees working remotely is usually greater than those working out of the office.
Hybrid workplace models offer several benefits for both businesses and employees.
- Enables employees to have a better work-life balance.
- Increase employee productivity and morale
- Reduces commuting time and expenses
- Reduces costs of rental property, physical technology, and maintenance costs
- Creates a talent pool of prospective employees that is not limited to a specific geographic area
What is a virtual desktop?
A virtual desktop is a system of software, hardware, and cloud services used to create a virtualized computing platform. A virtual desktop is composed of full desktops that run from a physical or virtual remote location. The system enables employees to access their company’s applications, files, and data from any location, on any device. A virtual desktop is designed to provide an employee with the same experience they would have if they were sitting at a desk in the office.
Benefits of Azure Virtual Desktop Technologies for GTA Organizations
Traditionally, virtual desktop solutions have been challenging for organizations to set up and manage because of the expense and complexity. In the past, the investment required for the necessary infrastructure to implement a virtual desktop solution was beyond the financial resources of many businesses. However, the development of the Azure Virtual Desktop has dramatically improved the ease and affordability of virtual desktops.
Azure makes it easy to set up, configure and manage your virtual desktop. The Azure Virtual Desktop portal makes it simple to deploy and manage desktops, assign users, and enable security from the office or remotely. The system limits the need for infrastructure needed to run and manage a virtual workforce. The Azure Virtual Desktop can be easily scaled up or down to meet the needs of your business, and you only pay for virtual services when your employee’s virtual desktops are in use.
Azure Virtual Desktop Technology enables businesses to deploy a safer and more productive system by utilizing integrated security and compliance capabilities which provide several platform-specific features, including:
- Efficiency and Flexibility: With the Azure Virtual Desktop, flexibility is built-in, allowing employers to decide who has access to the full desktop experience or limited access to specific applications. Azure Virtual Desktop technologies create structural freedom and increase workplace flexibility that permits employees to remotely complete their work from anywhere, improving company culture, productivity, and employee morale. Additionally, with the Azure Virtual Desktop, team members can access the desktops from any device as files and data are stored in the cloud. As a result, they are always accessible, even in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Significant Reduce Overhead: Azure Virtual Desktop technology does much more than improve and increase the operational efficiency of your business. The Azure Virtual Desktop can significantly impact your bottom line by minimizing desktop management, infrastructure, and support costs and reducing your reliance on expensive desktop computers and software licenses. Additionally, centralization, as opposed to many hardware pieces, helps mitigate costs when updates and necessary maintenance are required.
- Enhanced Security: Azure Virtual Desktop Technology provides advanced security by removing the risk of lost, stolen, or damaged hardware. The system enables you to manage and easily change access and permissions centrally. Microsoft spends millions of dollars annually on cyber security research and development and is dedicated to protecting users’ data, security, and privacy. The Azure Virtual Desktop provides additional compliance certifications to guarantee that your virtual desktop has the best security available, including features such as Sentinel, Azure Security Center and Microsoft Defender ATP and multi-factor authentication log-in.
- Special Features: While other virtual desktops are on the market, Microsoft’s Azure Virtual Desktop is the only virtual desktop infrastructure that provides a multi-session Windows 10 desktop experience and optimizes Office 365 Pro Plus. With Windows Azure Desktop, your company can deploy and scale the platform for your organization in minutes and smoothly migrate remote desktop services.
Professional Managed Services and Virtual Desktop Implementation
Azure Virtual Desktop technologies can help maximize the efficiency of your workforce, add layers of security, and save your organization money. One of the easiest ways to implement, maintain, and ensure your virtual desktop technology reaches its potential, is with the help of a professional IT managed services company specializing in Microsoft Azure services.
At Tektonic, our team of experts can assist your company with all of your IT needs. If virtual desktops are an option that may be right for your company, our team is ready to answer your questions. Contact us today to schedule an in-depth assessment of your cloud technologies and cloud solutions.