- WRITTEN BY Jorge Rojas POSTED ON August 23,2018
Tektonic Inc. – Greater Toronto Area, ON
Tektonic Inc. is an MSP (Managed Service Provider) of IT services which include Cloud Hosting, Technology Support, Network Security and Compliance, and Design and Solution Consulting. Tektonic Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Support Technician Level 3. The Support Technician Level 3 is responsible for providing technical support and maintenance of computer desktops, servers, and associated peripherals for both cloud-hosted and on-premises systems. Resolve customer reported problems, install hardware and software, and provide general IT support services for Client reported problems. Additional tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC and Server maintenance, upgrades and configurations (hardware and software). Monitor customer networks, perform general maintenance activities. Must be able to work in a highly dynamic environment, either individually or as part of a team. Responsible for phone support of network-based activities, installation, and resolution of client-related problems remotely.
Additional emphasis on Windows Server-based applications, switching, firewall, systems inter-connectivity both local and WAN-based.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems with a positive customer experience
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Respond to scheduled service tickets, update, resolve, and adapt to adjusted service schedules for customer priority and emergency tickets.
- Following established change control oversight, modify system configurations, utilities, software, and hardware settings for assigned service ticket devices.
- Record all support activities, progress, actions, and status tasks within the ConnectWise ticketing system. Provide clear and detailed closure comments for customer review.
- Assist with the onboarding (new agreement engagement) of new users
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software (internal pre-staging and onsite)
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Participate in the after-hours “on-call” rotation schedule.
- Document “unique to customer” or “systemic problem” resolution activities for future staff reference.
- Perform technical review or evaluations of new or existing products or software as assigned.
- Engage in Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange, and SQL installation, support, and troubleshooting
- Customer data backup services, response, troubleshooting, and validation of data. Microsoft Windows Server (most current 3 versions), Server Operations and Domain Support
- Microsoft Exchange Server (most current 3 versions), Server Operations and User Support
- Microsoft SQL Server (most current 3 versions), Server Operations
- VMWare and Hyper-V Virtualization systems, setup, configuration, and support
- Network Switching, VLAN configurations, Layer 2/3
- Strong skill with networking and server protocols such as TCP/IP, SNMP, DNS
- Microsoft Windows professional version desktop operating systems (most current 3 versions)
- Microsoft Office applications (most current 3 versions)
- Microsoft business application products (Lync, Skype, Visio, 365, etc.)
- Windows Server Active Directory user support
- Network Printer/Scanner setup and support
- Remote Desktop Services and Citrix XenApp remote desktop services, installation, configuration, troubleshooting end-end access
- Server Hardware (all supported platforms, staging, component install, configuration)
- Experience in Cisco IOS, QOS, OS, MQC, IP SLA Monitor commands and features
- Microsoft Server based systems (Windows, Exchange, SQL), migration, version upgrades, and domain migrations.
- Experienced in migrations Office 365
- Firewall functionality, UTM setup/configuration, Tunnel setup, alerting and reporting activities.
- Storage Systems (SAN, NAS, ISCSI) based platforms.
- Virtualization Platforms, install, setup and configuration.
- 5 years of IT support experience within an MSP (Managed Services Provider) environment
- Degree in Computer Technology, similar degree or experience
- CompTIA A+, Network +, Security Plus, similar certification or experience
- Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare (or other key vendors/manufacturer specific technical certifications or experience)
- This position will require travel around Toronto’s GTA and surrounding areas, you must maintain reliable and dependable transportation, as well as car insurance, and be able to drive to client sites as necessary.
- You will be required to sign a non-compete agreement preventing you from doing computer related business directly with our customers.
- We also require that you not have your own computer business “on the side” while you are working at Tektonic.
Tektonic Inc. is located in Vaughan. We love what we do and we’re working hard to be the best! If you think you’re a good fit for this opportunity, we’d love to talk with you soon!
Job Type: Contract
Tektonic Managed Services is an IT Support and Computer Services company serving Toronto GTA. We provide services in and around Toronto, including York Region, Durham Region and Peel Region. Businesses like yours need technology support to run highly-effective organizations. Leverage pro-growth technology services for your company now!