The only sure thing about Information Technology is that everyone needs it, and the need is only growing with time. Businesses have adapted to the growing need in different ways, learning how to find the most current technologies so they can be competitive in today’s market.
The former choice companies had to make was between using an in-house IT team of their own professionals, hiring and training them directly, or outsourcing the different IT services needed. Many companies have discovered the benefits of using a hybrid approach, co-managing services with a company that has their own trained, experienced technicians.
Here are some of the reasons why hybrid services using Supplemental IT Support might be the best solution for a specific company:
- The in-house team is able to handle all of the day-to-day tasks, including helpdesk services, data backup, and troubleshooting problems as they arise, but requires extra help for higher level strategic planning or other more complex needs.
- The in-house staff can handle the major strategic issues but needs help with the day-to-day tasks, like software upgrades and patches, support, etc.
- A company has grown or expects to grow significantly and needs help upgrading overall IT services, including choosing new hardware or storage options.
- A main branch has a competent IT staff but needs help managing the needs of its branch locations or departments.
There are several advantages to using Supplemental IT Services, and some of them are similar to the advantages of simply outsourcing.
- Increased productivity, including sick and vacation time you won’t be responsible for because the IT techs will be hired through an independent IT company.
- Reduced costs, including fixed fees for services and lower overhead, since you won’t be responsible for the hardware used or the employees of your Supplemental IT Support.
- Share the infrastructure and the risk that goes along with it.
- Better security and better control over what comes in and goes out of your system. We can take an active role monitoring for any potential problems before they turn into big problems.
- Access to experts, with techs who have probably already dealt with most of the issues you are likely to encounter.
- Get your focus back where it belongs, on the work you are really here to do.
There are a wide variety of services you can choose, and when you use Supplemental IT Support, you only pay for what you need. One monthly bill means it’s easier to budget for your services, which can include:
- Backup and recovery services
- Borrowed staff assignments
- Security monitoring
- Upgrading the entire system.
In order to be competitive, you need to be faster and more accurate than your competition. You also can’t afford downtime when your system crashes or if you’re trying to deal with other IT emergencies on your own.
For anyone looking for technology solutions, you can get assistance with network support, security, help desk and more. We have helped clients in Concord, but also in York, Vaughan, Bolton, King City, Brampton, Mississauga, and the entire GTA. Tektonic Business Technology Specialists have worked with every kind of operating system and many specialized industries. If you want to see how we can help you be more successful, give us your information so one of our specialists can contact you to provide pricing, detailed information and answer any questions you may have.