The Service Desk Dispatcher is responsible for attaining maximum utilization and prioritization of internal and field resources through daily dispatch of service requests by both monitoring and managing incoming client requests so requests can be dispatched to the appropriate resource and location. The ideal candidate must be an effective communicator, well organized and able to multitask.
- Primary responsibility is overall staff coordination, not direct technical support.
- Act as the single point of contact to the customer for coordinating service delivery.
- Manage ConnectWise calendar appointments for all technical support staff to coordinate project and support work maximizing utilization.
- Pre-process service requests as they arrive through email, manual entry, or direct customer input.
- Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Creation of service tickets for technical support staff.
- Tracks and manages location of all technical support staff to ensure timely recording of all support activities and the resolutions of issues.
- Assist in the creation and processing of estimates and orders.
Primary Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with clients and staff to effectively schedule service tickets.
- Work collaboratively with clients, support staff, and management to avoid scheduling/prioritization issues.
- Maximize schedule efficiency and effectiveness of technical support staff.
- Creates new requests from phone calls and offers technical support to resolve simple/fast requests immediately when possible/practical.
- Schedule delivered equipment or software installation based upon estimated scope of work.
- Review/prioritize outstanding support requests.
- Assign and update ticket priority levels per company standards and based upon client feedback.
- Ensure that the right resources are assigned, that they have the appropriate information, time allocated, and any other resources required to do the job.
- While managing the schedule and/or rescheduling of any activities required to resolve tickets, also review the root cause behind any resolution delays, assignment rescheduling, etc. to ensure efficient work and timely issue resolution.
- Performs scheduling for routine pre-scheduled activity, on-demand requests, and emergency requests.
- Ensures that ConnectWise Dispatch Portal provides an accurate reflection of work scheduled on-site, remotely, or employee out of office.
- Coordinate rescheduling as needed to accommodate urgent support requests.
- Track and monitor staff location and availability.
- Ensures that ConnectWise calendar accurately reflects staff disposition (such as ensuring that on-site/remote status is accurate).
- Ensures that the company on-call schedule is current with on-call assignments.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Improve usage and increase productivity of support resources.
- Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels.
- Report the utilization of technical support resources and successful completion of service requests to the Service Desk Manager.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the need for little supervision.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- 1 year of IT or customer service experience.
Associates degree or higher, preferably in computer science, business administration or a related field.