- WRITTEN BY Jorge Rojas POSTED ON September 2,2020
Can You Afford To Be A Ransomware Victim?
You can’t ignore ransomware – every year it is becoming more and more common. Do you know how to defend yourself?
If you’re reading this article, you’re probably worried about ransomware. It’s an undeniably a major threat to you and your work.
Do you know how dangerous the threat of ransomware really is? If you don’t yet, that’s OK – we’ve put together this video and blog to explain how ransomware works, how dangerous it is, and how to protect against it.
Click PLAY below to watch our latest video about ransomware:
Do You Know What Ransomware Could Cost You?
According to Coveware’s Q4 Ransomware Marketplace report:
- The average ransomware payout is $84,116
- The highest ransom paid by a target organization was $780,000
- The average ransomware attack results in 16.2 days of downtime
How could it possibly be so damaging and expensive?
Just think for a second what it would be like if you couldn’t access your data. Technology is such a crucial part of business today, that without it you are unable to do much of anything.
How Tektonic Protects You From Ransomware
The best way to defend against ransomware is to ask for help – Tektonic will help implement robust security measures and practices, including:
- Business Continuity: The best way to keep your data safe is to simply have it backed up, to a separate location, on a regular basis. By storing a complete and up to date copy of your data that is separate from your local systems, it doesn’t matter if your onsite data gets encrypted by ransomware. You can simply wipe it all and recover your data from the backup.
- Antivirus & Firewall: Your antivirus and firewall are your first line of defense for keeping your information safe. A firewall is a particular type of solution that maintains the security of your network. It blocks unauthorized users or suspicious connections from gaining access to your data. Firewalls are deployed via hardware, software, or a combination of the two. At the same time, antivirus software can help to prevent, detect, and remove malware.
- Employee Education: We will train your staff to ask themselves these key questions before opening an email…
- Do I know the sender of this email?
- Does it make sense that it was sent to me?
- Can I verify that the attached link or PDF is safe?
- Does the email threaten to close my accounts or cancel my cards if I don’t provide information?
- Is this email really from someone I trust or does it just look like someone I trust? What can I do to verify?
- Does anything seem “off” about this email, its contents or sender?
We will put our big business cybersecurity expertise to work for you, implementing best practices, identifying vulnerabilities, and protecting you against the more common and dangerous cybercrime scams.
Tektonic Managed Services is an IT Support and Computer Services company serving Toronto GTA. We provide services in and around Toronto, including York Region, Durham Region and Peel Region. Businesses like yours need technology support to run highly-effective organizations. Leverage pro-growth technology services for your company now!