How to Protect Your Remote Workers From CybercrimeRead more
Managed IT Services give your Toronto law firm the ability to compete in the marketplace. And the good news is that it doesn’t matter the size of your practice. When you have access to today’s best technology resources, you can excel in every area. You can focus on winning cases and let the experts handle your IT infrastructure.
Advantages Of Managed IT Services
These are not your father’s Managed IT Services. Today’s providers should handle every aspect of your entire IT infrastructure for an affordable and fixed monthly fee.
You shouldn’t have to worry about whether applications have been patched. Or whether you’ll be the next big story on the news of a data breach at a law firm. You can go about performing your day-to-day responsibilities without stressing over whether your competitors have better, faster networks, computers and applications.
How Managed IT Services Helps
The right company will take the time to understand your law firm’s unique business requirements. They’ll gain an understanding of your short- and long-term goals and design an IT infrastructure with solutions to help you manage your costs and increase efficiency while saving you and your staff time.
They will develop an IT plan that uses new technology to automate tasks and streamline operations. Your managed IT Services should be based on improving your business processes so you can get more done with less. This enables your people to do their jobs better and results in overall improved outcomes.
There are so many ways that managed IT service providers help:
- Reduced hardware, software, service, and support costs.
- Ready access to the most current technology products and applications without you investing in expensive equipment and software licenses.
- Improved quality of service with less IT failures and increased productivity.
- The ability to stick to your IT budget with no expensive surprises.
- Service and support from specialists who are trained on the latest servers, software, and networking equipment.
- Prevention of IT issues before they occur.
- A service level agreement with clearly defined goals and review periods so you can grade your IT company on its performance.
- A Business Continuity Plan that ensures your data is always secure and accessible no matter what.
- Remote access for the support you need with 24/7 help-desk hours.
- IT Vulnerability Assessments that help you comply with legal regulations.
- Mobile Device Monitoring solutions that prevent your staff from divulging your confidential digital information.
- Security for your IT infrastructure using offsite physically protected and redundant data centers.
- Secure Wi-Fi solutions to keep intruders off your network.
- Email hosting services that encrypt your emails and keep them safe both in storage and transit.
Cybersecurity: Part Of Managed IT Services?
Your law practice in Toronto needs the assurance that your systems and data are safe from today’s ever-increasing cyber threats. The way to do this is with Managed IT Services.
Managed IT Services use Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) that automatically monitors the performance of your technology. Your systems are continuously scrutinized, along with the security of your confidential digital information. This occurs behind the scenes, so it doesn’t disrupt your operations.
This type of monitoring can identify and remediate issues before they cause problems that can lead to downtime. Most of the time, all this happens in the background and your staff never even knows there’s anything wrong.
Managed IT Services and Remote Monitoring & Maintenance will give your Toronto law firm a long list of advantages, including:
- Updated findings from critical IT activities
- Reporting on system performance
- System usage and compliance with your policies and procedures
- Regular reports on intrusion issues
- Advice for IT security plans that align with your budget
Cloud Computing: Does Cloud Fit Into Managed IT Services
In today’s technology-driven world, cloud computing has dramatically changed the way the world works. However, for attorneys and law firms, the rules are very strict about where and how you can store and share documents. With so many data breaches at companies all over the world, there’s every reason to think your law firm could become a victim of cyber-crime.
That’s why it’s important to ensure that any cloud services you utilize are 100 percent safe and that they comply with all Canadian Bar Association rules. With new federal and provincial guidelines coming along each year, it can be a full-time job to keep up with this alone.
Most attorneys would prefer to work on cases instead of worrying about technology, compliance, and cybersecurity issues.
Managed IT Services and cloud computing from Tektonic will give you the edge so you can grow your Toronto law practice. Contact us and we’ll be happy to tell you more.
For a free assessment of your IT needs, contact Tektonic by calling (416) 256-9928 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this article was helpful, we have many more on our Blog. Here are a few examples of what you’ll find: