At Tektonic, the Client System Administrator has two primary responsibilities: (1) Develop a technical relationship with our clients based on our best practices and procedures, and (2) Be the champion of the technical alignment process to ensure our clients are benefiting fully from our best practices and standards.
This is accomplished through scheduled on-site visits to perform evaluations of the progress toward alignment with our best practices, updating and maintaining documentation, and working with the client team to make recommendations for bringing the clients’ networks into technical alignment.
The results of a successful Client System Administrator will be reduced reactive incidents, and clients who understand and value the alignment of their systems with our best practices.
- Operate, maintain and apply network best practice standards across multiple client networks for highest level of stability and performance.
- Provide client technical support and customer service for phone, email and walk-in requests.
- Interact with vendors and client staff to troubleshoot client desktop & server issues (hardware, software, user access, etc.). Determine, test, and implement possible solutions.
- Document resolutions for future reference.
- Perform hardware and software installations and upgrades.
- Continually add to technical knowledge through reading, training and other educational activities.
- Minimum of Associates degree in Computer related field, Microsoft certification, or Cisco certification.
- Two to four years of experience with Microsoft network server system administration.
- Relevant technologies: Microsoft Windows, hardware installation/troubleshooting, software installation/troubleshooting, IP based local area networks.
- Expert analysis and problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and abstractly determine a viable solution.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor.
- Ability and desire to continually learn and support new technologies.